Saturday, December 20, 2008

Mikael is home/I got to talk to Johnathon

Yesterday was a great day! It started with cleaning but I got a break when Brittani brought Claeb, Asher and Miquelyn over while she went to the dentist. Miquelyn slept most of the time but Asher and Caleb love mammy's treats and movies. I was anxious for Mikael to call when she landed in Salt Lake, and for Johnathon to call at 12:30. Mikael made it after her long flight, and the roads coming home seemed good, so Emma met her at the airport and they were on their way home! At 12:33 the phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and it was the dealershp. Since Perry hardly ever calls unless he needs something- I thought he must be calling to see if Johnathon had called yet. I answered the phone and he asked, "What are you doing?" I said "waiting for Johnathon to call". Then I heard Johnathon's voice on the other line. He sounded so good. There is nothing sweeter to a Mother's ears than to hear her child's voice after not hearing it for so long! He was unable to get through because of our block on solicitors. What I can't understand though is I receive every fundraising call, and soliciting from anything I don't have a desire to hear, but Johnathon can't get through. So I tried to call him back and couldn't get through to him. Thank goodness he could call me back on my cell until Perry was able to get the phone company to do something so I could get through to him. So we have it set up for Christmas day. He sounds so happy, he loves his new area, he loves being told how much he is loved. He was able to say hi to Brittani who came back during the call, Caleb, P Max and Christi who showed up to bring mikael's car home. So it was fun. I sure miss him but he sounded so happy! I will look forward to hearing his voice again Chistmas day. Gratefully it wasn't to much of a let down after talking to him because I was busy getting ready for Mikael to come home. As the time drew near for her to come home, Perry left from work to an employee's wife's baptism, I was getting so axious and the time was going so slow. Finally she arrived home around 7:00 pm. She looked so good, even though she had been traveling for about 30 some odd hours. We had a little time to visit before Dad and everyone came to see her. It is so nice to have her home! She was such a good sport and stayed up until everyone left, showed us her goodies, we watched a DVD that some boys put together of Jerusalem, and just enjoyed her being back home. I can't wait to hear more about her experiences. It was a great day!

1 comment:

Chanel said...

I am so excited for you. I can't even imagine the anticipation of seeing your babies. I am afraid I will know it all to well WAY to soon. I am so glad Mikael got home safe and sound. I miss her so much, kiss her for me!