Monday, December 29, 2008

I hope you all had as wonderful of a Christmas as we did. It was a pretty quite and relaxed one. It was great having Mikael here. We just leisurely opened presents and then prepared for talking to Johnathon. As you each know he sounded wonderful. He seems so peaceful and happy in the things that he is doing. After three hours of getting everyone on the line it was time to hang up. Johnathon was having a hard time letting it come to an end. He kept saying, just one more question, but it was time to go. I sure miss him but I know that especially for him the time will come all to soon. I can tell through an e-mail we received from the couple missionary that is serving with him that he is a blessing to the area. I am so grateful that he is seeing success in teaching, we all have been praying that he would have this experience. I hate to say it but before we know it Declan will be the missionary that we are anticipating a call from. Time seems to go so fast. As I reflect on the New Year coming so quickly I just keep trying to think of the things I need to improve on and accomplish as this New Year approaches. When you are at this end of the spectrum you realize that there are things that are still needful, peoples lives you need to touch, service that needs to be rendered, my personal testimony that needs to be strengthened and deepened, love to be expressed. I hope that this year I can fulfill all that is required and expected of me. I love you all and wish you a wonderful New Year with the experiences we each need individually to draw us closer to the Lord. This may be a challenging year, but I know that if we choose to follow the guidance of our Prophets that we will be given peace and protection from a trublent world.

3 comments:

Brittani said...

Amen to that!

Annie. said...

We loved reading that email from the missionary couple. We are so excited for JohnD and the chances he's having to teach more and spread the gospel. There were probably things that needed to be learned and work that needed to be done in his harder areas, but what a blessing that he also gets to teach a little and enjoy the pure joy that comes from watching someone embrace the truth. Nothing is as exciting as that. We're so glad we all got a chance to talk to him!

KYR said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/jenis-jenis-behel