Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The house is back in order

Well after two days of working all day long the Christmas is put away, the house is back in order and I am feeling like I can move forward with the New Year. I love all the Christmas decorations but I am always ready just to have my house back to normal. It is feeling pretty organized but a New Year's Resolution is to go through the house room by room and deep clean and get rid of things that aren't being used. It seems so wasteful to me to have it just sit around if someone else could be using it. So slowly and hopefully the house will get a good spring cleaning before Spring arrives.

Well Mikael is back in Idaho. Once again it was hard for her to leave. I know she felt like she had just got home and wasn't ready to start school again. Nathan arrived Thursday evening just in time for dinner. That is what you call jumping into the frying pan with the whole family! He did well and didn't seem to be overwhelmed at all. Friday Mikael, Nathan and I went to Aztec ruins. He is a history major and wanted to see the ruins. That night the family went to the Country Club for dinner. He seems very comfortable with the family and when he left he told me that everyone was so kind to him. Saturday it snowed so we mostly just stayed home- Mikael still had to pack. Nathan, Mikael, and dad played rock band. Dad seemed to enjoy being with Nathan. Then that night we went to dinner and they later went to over to Perry and Christi's for a while. They ended up leaving Sunday morning- it had snowed again. We have had so much snow for us. It has been pretty but it is also scary when kids have to drive back to school it in. Sunday was a hard day for me. I always feel so blue when kids leave back for school and the house is so quiet. I guess it was good it was Sunday, by Monday I was doing much better and just dug in and went to work!

I am sure that all who didn't meet Nathan are wondering a little about him. He is very, very nice. He is very thoughtful, not only in kindness but with his thoughts. In fact Grant said to Perry he reminds him of Johnathon in many ways. Dad and I have to agree, he does have many of Johnathon's mannerisms. That endeared him to dad. He seems to very calming for Mikael. It will be interesting to see what comes. Long distance dating has never been Mikael's strong suit.

Well, hoping you all a wonderful New year- filled with love, happiness, and goodness!

4 comments:

Brittani said...

It was meant to be for Grant and me so long distance was okay...you never know????

Annie. said...

Hey, we are all for Mikael dating someone from BYU if it means we get to see her more often. ;)

I can't believe I still haven't been to the ruins, and almost everyone else goes on their first trip down! Next time we come - for sure!

Chanel said...

I wish we could have met him, but if it works out I will have time to SCARE him away. (J/K)

Mikael Squire said...

thanks for the vote of confidence mom!